Relative Visa Petitions

Family-Focused Immigration Services

When people think about immigrating to the United States, they often assume it is either to seek education, employment, or to flee some type of danger in their home country. More often than not, however, it has more to do with their loved ones. Many people want to come to the United States to be with other members of their family. Others come to the US for education, but then fall in love and want to remain in the country to get married to their sweetheart. Whatever the reason, our family-focused services are the primary focal point of our immigration practice, and we are highly capable of providing you with the assistance you and your loved ones need.

Relative Visa Petitions

If you are a US citizen or green card holder wanting to help a loved one come to this country, relative visa petitions are the ideal solution. Thanks to your status as a citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be able to help the following relatives obtain a Green Card themselves:

  • Spouse
  • Children (under 21)
  • Sons & Daughters (over 21)
  • Your Parents
  • Your Siblings

Additionally, if you are engaged to be married, you can petition for your fiancé(e) (and his or her children) to receive a K-1 Fiancé(e) Nonimmigrant Visa, which will then open the door for them to obtain Conditional Permanent Residence, which will evolve into true Permanent Residence after appropriate forms are filed when you’ve been married for two years.

Adjustment of Status

If you are a US citizen or lawful permanent resident and your loved one is already in the United States on a nonimmigrant visa, they will need to obtain an Adjustment of Status in order to obtain a Green Card themselves. This is the case for the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa or older parent entering the U.S. as visitor and then deciding to obtain green card while in the U.S. There are many other situations in which a relative of a US citizen or permanent resident is already in the United States and seeking to become a permanent resident themselves. We can help.

Change of Status

If you or a loved one simply needs to change to a different nonimmigrant visa based on your familial relationships without pursuing permanent residency, we can also assist with filing the appropriate Change of Status application with US immigration authorities.

Experienced Immigration Attorney

Madan Ahluwalia is one of the most experienced immigration attorneys in the area, and his experience goes well beyond just his impressive education and time in the courtroom. Madan is an immigrant from India, so he has gone through a similar experience that you are preparing for. He has worked with thousands of intending immigrants.

Madan will put that experience to work on your behalf and help you to get the visa you need to meet your specific goals. Madan speaks English, Punjabi, Hindi, and Urdu, which also gives him a significant leg up on other attorneys. If you would like to talk to Madan about your specific situation, please contact us right away. We look forward to assisting you soon.